Open Buffalo Mission:
Our mission is to advance racial, economic, and ecological justice. We do so through skill-building, network-connecting, and activating leadership opportunities. Our goal is that all communities in Western New York are thriving free from discrimination and poverty.
Our Collective Vision of Liberation:
People directly experiencing systemic challenges and inequities that we aim to address will always have a voice in identifying the problems and developing the solutions. An empowered democratic society is key to a joyful, culturally rich community and sustainable planet.
An Opportunity to Join Our Team
Position: Administrative Director
Date of Posting: September 7, 2023
About the Open Buffalo Administrative Director:
The primary responsibilities of the Open Buffalo (OB) Administrative Director relate to the smooth flow of operations as well as day-to-day financial management. Operations responsibilities include: human resources and personnel policy management, and office management. Financial management responsibilities include budget management, bill payment and expense oversight, according to IRS audit regulations. The Administrative Director oversees and maintains vendor contracts and relationships, monitors administrative expenses, and manages human resources administration. The Administrative Director reports directly to the Open Buffalo Deputy Director.
Responsibilities of the Administrative Director:
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Team to produce organizational budgets, financial reports, and annual financial reviews.
- Process payment requests and monitor expense reports
- Work closely with the Bookkeeper to monitor Open Buffalo accounts
- Human Resource management (including payroll, new employee onboarding, benefits package implementation, and paid-time off days)
- Administer and facilitate staff participation in benefits programs (i.e. health care and dental plans, retirement plans)
- Oversee and enforce the policies and procedures in the Personnel Policy Manual and the Financial Manual
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, act as a liaison to the Open Board of Directors; attend monthly meetings, coordinate committee meetings, compile minutes and prepare agendas
- Act as office manager to the team in managing staff and network calendars, coordinating Open Buffalo events and maintaining a fully functioning office environment
- Act as liaison to vendors and partners with whom Open Buffalo has established relationships
- Seek out new funding and monitor the status of grants and grant applications, as well as capture fundraiser event data
- Provide administrative support and logistical coordination to the staff team and Executive Director for Open Buffalo programs and campaigns
- Troubleshoot technical, administrative, and interpersonal problems
- Minimum experience: 3-5 years of experience in human resource management
- Demonstrated commitment to the social justice field through work and/or volunteer experience
- Experience with grant management and finance
- Strong computer skills; familiarity with QuickBooks a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to be flexible and deal well with deadlines and a variety of projects
- Experience in finance or accounting preferred
- Experience managing state or federal grants preferred
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, in-person, salaried position with benefits based in Buffalo, N.Y. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Open Buffalo values diversity and inclusion throughout our city and within our organization. People of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and formerly incarcerated people are encouraged to apply.
Salary and Benefits:
Open Buffalo offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The base salary for this position is $70,000. Full health benefits, 401-K, and generous time off. Friendly, culturally vibrant, team-oriented working environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and the names, association, and contact information of three different types of individuals who can give us greater insights as to who you are, what you value, and how you work. We will be accepting resumes on a rolling basis. Interview scheduling may start immediately for qualified candidates.
Please send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or application materials can be sent by mail to:
Open Buffalo Search Committee
1327 Jefferson Avenue, Upper
Buffalo, NY 14208
Application deadline: October 7, 2023