The Open Buffalo Program Associate is part office manager, part events coordinator, part executive assistant, part community liaison, and full-time agent for change.
· Administrative duties working directly under Executive and Deputy Directors
· Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the office.
· Act as reception and provide front-line communications with those interested in the work of Open Buffalo in a friendly and clear way.
· Set up meeting rooms and event spaces as needed including community tabling events.
· Troubleshoot technical and administrative problems.
· Provide hospitality service to our partners and guests.
· Logistical coordination and support for Open Buffalo’s Leadership Development programs.
About the Open Buffalo Program Associate:
· Demonstrated commitment, through work or volunteer experience, familiarity with, and keen interest in social justice.
· Strong writing, attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated examples of flexibility, creativity and initiative.
· Ability to work collaboratively and independently and to juggle multiple tasks under time constraints.
· A positive attitude to a demanding and dynamic work environment.
· People skills and sensitivity to people's needs.
· Capacity to handle multiple tasks and projects.
· Enthusiasm and energy, sound judgment.
· Comfort working autonomously, a low-stress attitude in a complex environment.
· The ability to be flexible and deal well with deadlines and a variety of projects.
· Experience with and understanding of the tenets of community organizing and civic engagement.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Open Buffalo values diversity and inclusion throughout our city and within our organization. People of color, women, LGBTQI individuals, people with disabilities, and formerly incarcerated people are encouraged to apply.
Salary and Benefits:
Open Buffalo offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The annual salary for the position is $43,000. Full health benefits, 401-K, and generous time off. Friendly, culturally vibrant, team-oriented working environment. Questions on terms of employment can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strongly suggest all candidates to visit the Open Buffalo website and social media accounts to learn about the work of the organization.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and the names, association, and contact information of three different types of individuals who can give us greater insights as to who you are, what you value, and how you work. Please send via e-mail to email@example.com.
The last day to apply is Friday, September 11. Interviews will begin immediately.