Open Buffalo Mission:
Our mission is to advance racial, economic, and ecological justice. We do so through skill-building, network connecting, and activating leadership opportunities. Our goal is that all communities in Western New York are thriving free from discrimination and poverty.
Our Collective Vision of Liberation:
Our vision is that all communities in Western New York are thriving free from discrimination and poverty. We believe in an empowered democratic society, where grassroots, nonprofit, faith-based, philanthropic, local government, and business sectors work in solidarity to advance equity, justice and peace. An empowered democratic society is key to joyful, culturally rich community and a sustainable planet.
We believe that people directly experiencing the challenges and inequities that we aim to address should always have a voice in both diagnosing the problems and developing the solutions.
Special Project Opportunity: Field Data Collection
Date of Posting: June 8, 2021
Open Buffalo seeks an individual to complete a short-term Field Data Collection Project. Duties related to this project include creating a guide or database that compiles local resources that nonprofit organizations in Western New York can reach out to for racial equity training, support and capacity building. The data will be made available to nonprofit organizations throughout WNY as part of a project designed by local intermediary organizations.
- Conduct research online and in the WNY community on racial diversity training, consultation services, and technology. Conduct research through online sources, make telephone outreach, and in-person follow up (when necessary) for detailed information.
- Create a database/guide in a user-friendly structure that contains a collection of organizations, businesses, consultants, etc., who offer racial equity trainings and resources to the WNY community.
- Ensure that all data is accurate, updated and properly organized.
- Present your findings to Open Buffalo staff.
- We anticipate this to be an 8-week project for the Field Data Collector
Background and Skills Required:
- Demonstrated commitment, through work or volunteer experience, familiarity with, and keen interest in social justice and racial equity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Data collection or database experience.
- Research and organizational skills.
- Strong communication abilities.
- Knowledge of technology and racial equity training.
Equal Opportunity Organization:
Open Buffalo values diversity and inclusion throughout our city and within our organization. People of color, women, LGBTQI individuals, people with disabilities, and formerly incarcerated people are encouraged to apply.
Payment for satisfactory execution of this project will be $5,000, paid in installments tied to specific progress benchmarks.
We strongly encourage all candidates to visit the Open Buffalo website and social media accounts to learn about the work of the organization.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and the names, association, and contact information of two different types of individuals who can give us greater insights as to who you are, what you value, and how you work. Please send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.