WNY's #StillResisting Weekend! #wepersistBUFBack >
January 20–January 21, 2018
What: WNY's #StillResisting Weekend! #wepersistBUF
When: Jan 20 & 21
Who: Organizer: WNY Peace Center, with Riverside Salem.
Cosponsors: Buffalo Anti-Racism Coalition; Veterans For Peace #128 more in process.
- WNY Peace Center's #STILLRESISTING bus to Women's March in Seneca Falls! 7am-~6pm UB South Park&Ride. It is the 100th Anniversary of Women's Right to Vote!! Monumental gathering at the birthplace of the Women's Movement - thousands expected. REPORTERS WELCOME: need to purchase seat as per below.
- For seats: Bus Reservations & Pymt needed up front. Please email super re-Sister, Maureen Milligan email@example.com your (1) name; (2) email address; (3) cell phone number - and she'll give you details on how payments ($34 per seat) can be made. (Plus pls bring $3-5 for Driver Tip!) Hope you can join us!!
- Women In Black, Nonviolence Vigil at Bidwell & Elmwood, Noon-1pm, for those who can't make it to Seneca Falls.
- Women's Solidarity March WNY/Bflo (2:30-3:30pm)
- 2:30 City Hall. re Gender Justice/ERA/healthcare/CEDAW (Conv for Elim of all Discrim Agnst Women); Education & Human Rights/DASA (Dignity for All Students Act)
- Erie Co Holding Center - re stop ECHC deaths, Bail Reform, HALT (re solitary), transparency and accountability, etc.
- Board of Electors, Rath Bldg - #PowertothePolls re Voting/voter registration drive/Election reform/Women Running for Office ...
- Police Dept - re Better Policing/True Security = Community policing, enhanced training, fixit tickets, LEAD; Civilian Police Review Board; stop marijuana arrests...
- Homeless Jesus - re Poor People's Campaign (vs racism/militarism/materialism-poverty/environmental degradation)
- Robert Jackson Federal courthouse - Rule of Law: Resist Militarism; Support Dreamers; etc.