Get trained in leadership, advocacy, financial literacy, entrepreneurship, research and analysis, and community healing programs such as restorative justice.
Ideal candidates for Youth Action include:
- Individuals ages 14-24 (in or out of school)
- Individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to social justice issues
Power Up Boot Camp: Community Organizing for the Change Generation
Open Buffalo Community Leadership Award (Niagara Falls High School)
As part of our ongoing commitment to the NFHS Seniors we spent two days with doing antiracism training in January of 2023, we are offering a $500 scholarship to ONE NFHS graduating senior who demonstrates leadership and initiative in systems change work in their community.
- Essay (500 words) – "How I can impact my family and community in pursuit of social justice."
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher/counselor
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a leader/organization OUTSIDE of school who can speak to your involvement in social justice related community work
Deadline to apply: May 15, 2023
Application link: https://forms.gle/2qZFdke4nYuZp7Tk6
Learn more information about Youth Action by contacting our Director of Leadership Development, Leslie Nickerson at email@example.com