Mentor an Emerging Leader this Fall!Back >
August 8, 2016
Looking to help change your community? Do you have a few extra hours a week? How about serving as a mentor for the Open Buffalo emerging leaders program?
Mentor Job Description
2016 Emerging Leaders Program
Deadline: August 25
Open Buffalo’s Emerging Leaders program is a distinctive social justice curriculum aimed at building a stronger Buffalo by preparing new leaders in our city. Emerging Leaders are given the tools and support to make positive change by participating in cutting-edge trainings, building organizing, policy, and research skills, and networking with like-minded movers and shakers.
- Mentor Training, Thursday September 1st @ 5:30 PM
- Orientation, Tuesday September 6th @ 5:30 PM
- Graduation, Saturday December 10th @ 3:00 PM
- Identify pathways that will help your Emerging Leader to achieve their own goals
- Expose your Emerging Leader networks and individuals who can help them achieve their goals
- Encourage your Emerging Leader to take the steps necessary to achieve their goals, even when risk is involved
- Affirm your Emerging Leader identity as an agent of positive social change
- Be proactive; mentors should take the initiative to contact their Emerging Leader
- Schedule meetings every other week for three months; this only amounts to six total meetings, but regular in-person meetings are key to a successful relationship
- Be a sounding board for you Emerging Leader; sometimes asking questions beats giving advice
For more information about serving as an Emerging Leaders mentor, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!