On Saturday, November 20, Open Buffalo’s Youth Action Program and Project Mona’s House are hosting a youth-led “Save Our Children” Town Hall from 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm at Merriweather Library (1324 Jefferson Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14208). Public officials and stakeholders in the community will serve as panelists, answering questions pertaining to missing children and child safety in Buffalo. Open Buffalo’s Youth Action team came up with questions specific to each panelist and will be addressing them directly to deepen our understanding of the process of missing children and how to increase the efforts to ensure ALL OUR CHILDREN are safe.
Panelists will include:
- Chief Dawn Kent, special victims unit of the Buffalo Police Department
- Kareema Morris, Founder of Bury the Violence
- Louis Petrucci, President of the Buffalo Board of Education
- Edreys Wajed, musician, poet, playwright, jewelry designer, graphic designer, educator, entrepreneur, and muralist
- A representative from GLYS of WNY
We ask you to join and support the youth as they create a foundation to resolving the negative labels cast on missing children and lack of support for their loved ones. With your attendance and help, we can make the streets that much safer for our communities.
Please RSVP here.